Bosca USA ... phone disconeected?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

berg

Feb 18, 2012
utah
just tried to call Bosca usa nad order a low limit switch and got the disconnected -no longer working
reply.
Maybe someone can help...
I have a new to me Bosca spirit 500

1. What makes a low limit switch go bad repeatedly( former owner replace several)
and put a jumper in place of the switch- not sure what its purpose is.
2. Where would I order a new compatible one or are they generic
3. What kind would you get?

thanks in advance
newbie bosca user
I do know how to spell disconnected but couldn't edit title

Was this the number you tried 509-927-5950 ?

What makes a low limit go bad repeatedly is usually using a plastic unit where a ceramic one should go or things are plugged up such that the exhaust gases are being held to long in the area where the switch is.

If you know what the on/off temperatures are and the mount size handy dandy grainger likely carries it or an equivalent.

They were bought out is what I heard.

Eric

Pretty soon Englander, HHT and USSC will be the last three standing.

Eric

I keep checking that import site.

You might be spending a lot of time with a two by and a pry bar. I have a nice 6 foot pry bar.

If I go ceramic what specs do I need?

my manual just says low limit switch......;?

If I go ceramic what specs do I need?

my manual just says low limit switch......;?

The manual doesn't specify enough information but given the location of the switch a 120::F close on rise snap disc with a 20::F differential of the correct size and ceramic would likely work quite well.

Give the USSC support line a call I don't have any more information than you have and there should at least be a switch still attached on the stove. It is located on the combustion blower housing from the diagram in your manual.

my switch was removed and a jumper put in

What did they do where the switch was, there have to be holes (that they best have filled if they go into the exhaust stream) and that should give you sizing information to take to a place like Grainger.

That is Louie Falco old number. Louie is the original importer of the Bosca. Once they got a foothold they decided they did not need Louie anymore. Not sure who the importer is anymore.

peace

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.