Boston Scrounger Alert!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamaman

Oct 6, 2009
MA
too long a hike from South Shore but looks like a good score for metrowest scroungers - go for it!

Free sugar maple firewood, cut not split (Wellesely)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-02-09, 5:12PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free sugar maple firewood. All cut to 16" and not split or seasoned. There is about 2-3 cords. Its in the back yard waiting to be hauled away. A wide path has been shoveled. Reply with contact info.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2206000689

Too long a haul from the North Shore, too. But it made me drool! :cheese:

I sent a E-mail,

Got this reply:

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

I've been burning mostly sugar maple this week. It's good wood. I've been burning mostly oak and locust. I'm impressed with sugar maple. Should be a good score for one of you Red Sox fans.

WES999 said:
I sent a E-mail,

Got this reply:

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

Maybe this means "thank you, come and get it." A more detailed reply would help. I'd reply with a question "When can I come and pick up the wood?" 2 cords of Sugar maple are worth a few emails.

2-3 cords in a single tree? Must be multiple or face cords.

WES999 said:
I sent a E-mail,

Got this reply:

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

What did you write "
"Good morning, nice wood" and forget the nice and the comma ?

:)

Adios Pantalones said:
CarbonNeutral said:
2-3 cords in a single tree? Must be multiple or face cords.

I've got better than 2 cord out of a tree before

Same here. Almost 3 1/2 from a monster Shagbark that was on edge of timber/cornfield back in '83 or '84.

I asked again if the wood was available, here is the response:

Gone. Send complete info for future wood loads. I need complete info for client security. Thank you.

I replied What info do you need? You have my name and Email.

Guy appears to run a tree service, but this is weird.

Llamaman said:
Have a meeting out that way tomorrow - think a Chevy Impala can hold two or three cords?

one way to find out.... load it up

This isnt a Chevy Impala but.....

Attachments

• Logs In Car 2.jpg
    Logs In Car 2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 303
  • Logs In Car 1.jpg
    Logs In Car 1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 295
WES999 said:
Guy appears to run a tree service, but this is weird.

After meeting my sources for pickup a few times, I give them full info. It helps them with their clients especially when you show up after dark backing a trailer across their lawn in a nice neighborhood. Works for me as it means I don't have to find a way to get out of work early.

He prolly has celebrity/millionaire clients living in a gated community. Gotta keep the riff raff out ya know.
Will

Ya Hear you, but this guy must think I am a mind reader. Like I am supposed to guess what he is thinking. :-S a little info might be nice.

Well got to go go now and apply for my top secret security clearance.

Wish that deal was closer to me as I would have snagged a deal like that!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.