Both Stoves Cranking !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Weather today was NOT was News 12 prepared me for. *Is not a fan of Rich Hoffman*

Got home to a house @ 65F, and going down to 20F- tonight. Grrrrr >:-( Everything is still getting warm !

Sat on a cold toilet seat, and about flipped
action-smiley-075.gif

It ain't happening tomorrow, let me tell you !!

Vent over.

I may be on the cold seat in the morning. Trying an experiment letting the pellet puppy in the un-insulated basement try to do what the big boy upstairs does so well. In the twenties outside.

We shall see.

I'll be thinking of ya, BB %-P

No big thing. 1500 sq. ft. rated stove running on a medium setting trying to heat 3,500 sq. ft. with 1,000 of it being bare concrete block walls. I mean what could go wrong here?

The space heater in the little brown haired girl's room is on the thermostat just in case.

Multi-stove burning. As god intended!

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Sat on a cold toilet seat, and about flipped

That has seriously got to be the worst part of a cold house.

BrotherBart said:
No big thing. 1500 sq. ft. rated stove running on a medium setting trying to heat 3,500 sq. ft. with 1,000 of it being bare concrete block walls. I mean what could go wrong here?

The space heater in the little brown haired girl's room is on the thermostat just in case.

I'm interested in how that works out. I would have thought you would have tried that during the more milder temps due to it's capacity limitations.

BrowningBAR said:
I'm interested in how that works out. I would have thought you would have tried that during the more milder temps due to it's capacity limitations.

I did. But every time I had to open one of those bags I thought about the cost of the damned pellets. During those tests it would have heated the house fine if it was upstairs. Which may be the case someday since I am getting old and creaky. Tonight I just said the hell with pellet consumption and wanted to see if the sucker can get it done.

I put it down there in place of the F3 this year just to have something to knock the chill off when I need to do something down there without having to wait on the wood stove and then I can just shut it off when I am done.

Looking forward to the results. Thats a large area, but that little stove can do some damage.

Got up late. Looks like it got down to 18 or 19. Stove was just running out of pellets, nine hours, basement seventy-two, downstairs was sixty eight and upstairs sixty five. Would do in a pinch but not as warm as the wood stove that is in the right place upstairs and would be an expensive way to heat the joint. Today I will go back to using it down then for what I put it there for. Heating me when I work in the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.