Bottom heat shield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian VT

Minister of Fire
Jul 30, 2008
Southern VT
I'm having a tough time finding one for my VC Resolute Acclaim 2490.
I guess I may make one. It's just galvanized sheet metal, right ? What thickness ?
Maybe one of you could give me measurements ? How far should it hang below the belly ?

On another note...what are readily available to use as spacers for wall protection boards ?

Site has been "down for maintenance" for quite a while and no phone # listed.

I've noticed that site is down a lot too. If you still can't order it online within 24 hr I would just call your nearest dealer.

ICY99 said:
I've noticed that site is down a lot too. If you still can't order it online within 24 hr I would just call your nearest dealer.
That's all I've ever seen on that CFM site. I sure ain't ordering from a site that doesn't even list their phone # either.
My dealer(s) say 3-4 weeks to get a heat shield and I don't even believe that's realistic. That's what they said about my rear grate and that's "running late".
And........I live in VT ! lol
Apparently you can't run this stove without a bottom shield unless it's on bare concrete so I sure figured every Resolute burner here has one they could measure for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.