1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Bought a 2nd hand pellet stove need some help with air flow

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Sazz, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sazz

Sazz Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Hi Guys,

We bought a 2nd hand pellet stove 2 months ago, it's not burning right, pellets back up in grate & glass soots up after just 2/3 hours burning. I've been reading all the posts & realise it's probably an airflow issue. I clean the grate/ash pan twice a day (have to swich off the feed, let it all cool down, empy, then re start). I'd love a manual for this, it's a Autocon Industries Pro Warmer 1992 (so it says inside the door :) We don't have any bells/whistles, no nice convenient switches/buttons with names on them or anything.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Sazz

Sazz Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Oops, uploaded the wrong photo last time - it was supposed to be of the stove burning where you can see clearly the build up of pellets. Anyway, any help would me appreciated - excellent site by the way
  3. jtp10181

jtp10181 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    Probably need to remove baffles and panel inside to clean out all the fly ash buildup.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.