Bought a Lopi Republic 1750 Insert an hour ago :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joefrompa

Minister of Fire
Sep 7, 2010
SE PA
Hi all,

Just bought my Lopi insert an hour ago. The price was awesome!

black door/unit, 10" surround, blower, & unit = $1707 (+tax)

Going to get installed in ~3 weeks. They are recommending an insulated liner (without seeing the setup) because I have a brick chimney built out onto the side of the house, and there is some minor cracks in some of the brick mortar.

Any thoughts on that?

Joe

Congrats! Dang, nice price!! I think I paid 2200 with the blower and surround and taxes and all. (got the rebate, but still!) I think you'll like the stove. You certainly got the best insert for the money. I would have considered an Englander or something if they had a comparable insert, but all the less expensive brands seem to have small fireboxes in their inserts right now, so the Republic was my best bet too.
Insulated liner sounds advisable. You having it done professionally or doing it yourself?

Absolutely do the insulated liner and also install a block off plate.

If it is brick chimney with no tile liner then ya gotta insulate the liner.

Welcome to the Lopi family. Make sure to get us some pics after the install is complete and you're getting high from the paint fumes. :coolgrin:

That's a great price. How tall is your chimney? If its over 20', tiled, and gets some sun insulating may be an option, but definately money well spent.

Hey gents,

Was running out the door earlier. I also have been given about 2 cords worth of wood from my father in law. Mostly ash, but with some ironwood too. About 50% has been sitting for 1-2 years (not chopped) and the rest was sitting for about 6-9 months, so it won't be fully seasoned yet. But I can't wait to burn that ironwood and some of the ash has grain like oak flooring.....it looks planed already and it's so dense!

My chimney is off the side of my house where it's single story and has a angled roof off the top of the room. The fireplace is off a 1' raised hearth, so I'm guessing the actual chimney is only about 16' high. It definitely gets some sun.

'

joefrompa said:
Hey gents,

Was running out the door earlier. I also have been given about 2 cords worth of wood from my father in law. Mostly ash, but with some ironwood too. About 50% has been sitting for 1-2 years (not chopped) and the rest was sitting for about 6-9 months, so it won't be fully seasoned yet. But I can't wait to burn that ironwood and some of the ash has grain like oak flooring.....it looks planed already and it's so dense!

My chimney is off the side of my house where it's single story and has a angled roof off the top of the room. The fireplace is off a 1' raised hearth, so I'm guessing the actual chimney is only about 16' high. It definitely gets some sun.

'

The question still is, does the chimney have have a ceramic tile liner inside of those bricks?

i do not believe so; it appears to be brick on the inside

Status
Not open for further replies.