bought a ton of termans today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

86 toy

Feb 5, 2009
Mifflinville PA
went to the local stove shop today and picked up a ton.. i burned 5 bags of these last week and loved them they are a very clean burning in my stove and good heat.
while i was there i noticed they had a harmon p43 burning i have been thinking about upgrading my englander so i was very interested. talking to the shop owner about the stove and he said he has been running that stove since the beginning of the heating season and has yet to clean it he is waiting to see how long it can go before it shuts down.. this is a very impressive stove to burn that long without being cleaned out and the fire was nice! way more active and clean looking than my englander ever has been.. if i had $2400 to spend i would have loaded one up with my ton of pellets and threw my englander out in the shed. I think i'm gonna stop back there in the beginning of spring and see what his result were.

I think you'll like the Turman's; my stove loves them. While I love my Harman, I find it hard to believe the dealer when he says he's been running a Harman P43 since the beginning of the heating season and hasn't cleaned it. Maybe if he's burning really good pellets (like Turman's!) and only has it on a few hours a day. Even then, I don't know if I believe him. Don't buy it thinking you can clean it very rarely during heating season.

newf lover said:
I think you'll like the Turman's; my stove loves them. While I love my Harman, I find it hard to believe the dealer when he says he's been running a Harman P43 since the beginning of the heating season and hasn't cleaned it. Maybe if he's burning really good pellets (like Turman's!) and only has it on a few hours a day. Even then, I don't know if I believe him. Don't buy it thinking you can clean it very rarely during heating season.

no i wouldn't buy it thinking that it could never be cleaned.
all he deals with is turmans he said has been selling them for years.
he has a coal stove burning in the store also so i'm guessing that this p43 runs on low most of the time and he may only burn it when the store is open. it was very dirty inside the fire box but the fire itself was still clean and active

Well, if he just carries Turman's, he has to be a smart guy, so I guess you should believe him! Hope it works out for you and you can buy the P43 at the end of the season.

86 toy said:
.......and he said he has been running that stove since the beginning of the heating season and has yet to clean it........

If you believe that, I have a really nice bridge for sale that never needs any work....no maintenance or snowplowing....EVER! Honest!!!
:shut:

hard to believe, I wonder how the glass looked like?

Status
Not open for further replies.