bought a used quad castille

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hooter04

Feeling the Heat
Dec 5, 2010
Upstate NY
Dealer had a 3yr old trade-in for 1,400.it seems to run pretty good ,clean looking so I don't know how much it was run.

For a new Castile you're looking at probably $2800 - $3000 retail range, so paying less than 50% retail for a 'late model' year like yours is a good deal. If a seller throws anything else in to sweeten the deal - venting, hearth pad, accessory parts, then it's value added !! Did you get rid of one of your MV AE's or are you 'adding to the stable' with a 3rd stove ? :cool:

Just adding to the stable,I have about 800 square ft left to heat.Right now that area is heated with lp gas,which cost more to heat than pellets lastyear.Built my own heartpad for it,so maybe he'll cut me a break on pipe

Shweet ! Update your profile signature section and add that baby to the list !

Your Castile should heat up 800 sq ft easy peasy. I'm heating about 1400 sq ft with my 1st generation Castile, which is asking allot of the old girl when it's deep into winter here in Maine. If it hadn't come with our farmhouse when we bought it I would have gone with the MV. Good luck with your new addition to the stable !

I'll throw a pic on when I get the installation complete

hooter04 said:
I'll throw a pic on when I get the installation complete
20141111_182426.jpg This is the stove install

Reactions: tjnamtiw and Mt Bob
"Nothing burns like a Quad" :)

Nice clean corner install, hooter, unlike mine that is typically cluttered with stove cleaning kit stuff, 2 pellet storage bins often with the lids laying off, the decorative door open to get the most heat out of it, etc.

Not much has changed it seems over the years with the Castiles since my 1st generation 2001 model. You have the 10 heat exchanger tubes vs my 8 tubes, so you'll get more heat out of it than mine.

You're hooked up just before the 'polar vortex' hits, though it sounds like we won't get the worst of the cold they're getting in the Plains and Upper Midwest now, and what sounds like maybe a storm for the NE early next week. Winter's comin', brother !

Happy burning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hooter04
Status
Not open for further replies.