Bought a wood hauler today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikessky

Minister of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Northern WI
Congratulations !!!

I love my truck :)

That will work!

You can get more in it if you cut the branches off.

I was wondering how long long it would be until someone commented about the Christmas tree! :lol:

ikessky said:
I was wondering how long long it would be until someone commented about the Christmas tree! :lol:

What's with the Charlie Brown Christmas tree????...I mean....that's a nice lookin' tree! :p

Just kiddin'.

If you go out a day or 2 after Christmas, you can get a whole bunch of them trees, but they don't have a very long burn time. :snake:

ikessky said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/ikessky/100_7751.jpg

It's a 1992 GMC 1500, 4.3L V6 with 4x4, and it had a bed liner. It was the perfect truck for what I'm looking for.

Congrats! Nice truck and in very fine condition!

V6 4X4 is a bit rare! A great choice.

Don't worry about bed rust, that rear cab corner looks to be the cancer already. The first thing I did was count the 6 lugs on the wheels and see that it is a half ton. The GVWR on the sticker is very likely 6200 lbs. The empty truck weighs about 5000-5500. See where I'm going with this? The cargo capacity is about a half ton which coincidentally lines up with the half ton designation.

A half ton of cordwood is about 1/4 to 1/3 or a cord, plus a christmas tree.

Okay so you plan to exceed the ratings. I did it too for many years and 172000 miles on my last half ton GM. That truck will serve you quite well and the long bed will load up nicely. Enjoy.

ikessky said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/ikessky/100_7751.jpg

It's a 1992 GMC 1500, 4.3L V6 with 4x4, and it had a bed liner. It was the perfect truck for what I'm looking for.

Sweet.

No man is complete without a truck.

The truck is actually a perfect candidate to fix up (if I would want to). The cab corner needs to be fixed, as do the front fenders. The rest of the body is very solid. There is actually only 80,000 miles on it. Than again, for $1600, I might just run it until it falls apart and get something new!

But guys, I've found a huge problem with the truck. We only have AM radio! :grrr:

80k miles? its just broken in then. I had a 92 GMC Sonoma w/ a V6 (my first truck)....sold it with 170k miles and was still going strong.

ikessky said:
But guys, I've found a huge problem with the truck. We only have AM radio! :grrr:

Uh oh. I don't listen to the radio anymore. Stopped speeding too. I might be getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.