Bought me a Loveless Cougar Vac

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenster

Minister of Fire
Jan 10, 2010
Texas- West of Houston
I've been watching eBay for several days wanting to buy a Loveless Ash Vacuum. The Cheetah model would have been fine. I didn't care to spend extra money for the same vac just because it was a little bit quieter. I thought I had one sewn up for $185 and I got sniped with about two seconds to go. Was watching two of them this morning from the same Florida dealer. I had not put in a bid at all but hit the buy button with just a few seconds to go. As the bid was going though I saw another bid pop up from someone else, then the auction ended. And I won!
I beat the last bidder by one second. Mine went through three seconds before the close. The best part is that this one is the Cougar (quiet model) and I got it quite a bit under what the Cheetah (noisy) goes for and WAY under what the Cougars list at. So, this seems like a good score to me. $187 with free shipping. I did not buy the accessory pack (around $20) because I just don't think I need it for my VC Vigilant.

I'll give a report once I get it and take it out for a spin.

Cheetah is an older man who dates younger women. Cougar is an older woman who dates younger men. Not sure what that has to do with vacuums, but weird that with today's slang I instantly thought of that instead of the animals that they are likely referencing... It's extra funny because it's Loveless, right?

you're going to love it. trust me

I bet it really sucks.

BrotherBart said:
I bet it really sucks.

Isn't that a specialty of Cougars?

Just saw the Cheetah at a Farm store near here (not the one I often mention that I frequent) and it was 199, so by that standard you sure got a good deal.

If you get a sudden desire to pick up young men at local bars we'll understand why lol..

:lol:

Ray

I have to say . . . I don't know if I would have bought one of these myself just because I'm too cheap . . . and I think they would be most useful for either a pelletstove user or casual wood burner who would want to clean up things in between the occasional burns . . . and the model I won is definitely noisy -- as loud if not louder than a shop vac.

But that said . . . I've only had my Loveless vac now for a few days and have used it twice and cleaning up the pesky ash that drops out of the front on to the ash lip when I open the front door of my Oslo has been fantastic . . . great sucking power and it has made clean up much easier . . . I can see myself using this every time for my weekly and bi-weekly clean up . . . and the final stove clean up in the Summer or late Spring.

firefighterjake said:
I have to say . . . I don't know if I would have bought one of these myself just because I'm too cheap . . . and I think they would be most useful for either a pelletstove user or casual wood burner who would want to clean up things in between the occasional burns . . . and the model I won is definitely noisy -- as loud if not louder than a shop vac.

But that said . . . I've only had my Loveless vac now for a few days and have used it twice and cleaning up the pesky ash that drops out of the front on to the ash lip when I open the front door of my Oslo has been fantastic . . . great sucking power and it has made clean up much easier . . . I can see myself using this every time for my weekly and bi-weekly clean up . . . and the final stove clean up in the Summer or late Spring.
so, is this a thread where I tell the story of flames shooting out the back of my wife's nice Kenmore a couple of nights ago, or do I start a new one for that? :red:

raybonz said:
If you get a sudden desire to pick up young men at local bars we'll understand why lol..

Ray

Older women picking up younger men get an exotic name like "Cougar." Older men picking up younger women are called "Dirty old men."
What's up with that?

firefighterjake said:

Jake, I would love to have won one. I entered twice. I guess I've used my share of luck by winning two tickets on Delta Airlines at the Rockettes Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, I was real hesitant about buying this and would have not paid full retail but I got a very good deal on eBay. My Bride will appreciate the fact that I can now keep things tidy around the stove on a daily basis and not just once a week when I clean out ashes. Plus I'm looking forward to the clean up itself not contributing the ash/dust problem in the room. She loves the heat but hates having to dust much more often during burn season.

Kenster said:
raybonz said:

Ray

Older women picking up younger men get an exotic name like "Cougar." Older men picking up younger women are called "Dirty old men."
What's up with that?

Double standards it just isn't fair Ken!

Ray

cheetah could be any old unfaithful (wo)man from Boston.

and a wicked cheetah would get around a LOT.

billb3 said:
cheetah could be any old unfaithful (wo)man from Boston.

and a wicked cheetah would get around a LOT.
Bwahahahaha! :lol: My wifes family is from the Boston area. :cheese:

Kenster said:
firefighterjake said:

Jake, I would love to have won one. I entered twice. I guess I've used my share of luck by winning two tickets on Delta Airlines at the Rockettes Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, I was real hesitant about buying this and would have not paid full retail but I got a very good deal on eBay. My Bride will appreciate the fact that I can now keep things tidy around the stove on a daily basis and not just once a week when I clean out ashes. Plus I'm looking forward to the clean up itself not contributing the ash/dust problem in the room. She loves the heat but hates having to dust much more often during burn season.

Kenster - have you used the vac yet?? We are looking forward to your thoughts! Also, I think they are still giving 1 a week away, thats what their website and Facebook page says, so why not try to still win one? I am determined to win, I have entered every week! =) Either way we look forward to your thoughts on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.