Bought one today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudbug250

Burning Hunk
Dec 17, 2011
Central Mississippi
I went and got a X27 today. It was $49 at the local TSC in my town. Can't wait to split with it when I get home.

Sears in our area sells them for 54. I am verrryyyy tempted

Bought an x25 last year and split about 3 cords with it. Love it. I stopped using my splitter to use the fiskar's....still used it on some uglies though....I like the 25 although I could use a 27 too. Good luck and watch your shins!

I broke down too. Finally bought one today at tsc. I questioned the hollow handle and wondered how it could split anything with it's light weight.
As soon as I got home I headed out to the woods to work on a big white oak I cut up last week. I took my 8 lb. just incase the x27 couldnt do the job. I am very impressed at what it can do. I read all the hype and didn't believe it till now. Absolutely amazing.
I enjoy splitting wood for heat and exercise so I will still swing the 8 pounder for a workout but use the 27 when I need to cut all day and not be worn out. Once again, absolutely freaking amazing.

You will like it. I keep the baby X7 in my saw bag for those pesty rounds that wont split all the way or for limbing quick. Also works nice on the backside for pounding wedges.

The X27 is awesome. I want an X25 but have no idea what to use it for _g

I bought the x25 because it was a good ebay buy.....I have split pieces that I never imagined I could with such a lightweight axe. The longer x27 must kick some serious @ss. I am having trouble justifying the purchase of one because I am pretty sure my 25 can do what needs to get done. although it bounced off a huge maple round the other day to the point that it went back into the truck. Not fool proof but close!

Ok I just tried it out. It went through one of the punk red oak rounds like butter. The hickory round was a little harder. But it split on the second strike. I was not putting a full force behind it as I was trying to feel out the distance of the swings. The hickory round split weird one time and it got a good piece of wood that hit right under the head. I was like "holy schnikes" I had already broken it. Looked at it and the handle was just scratched a little. Already got some character.

Amazon will have it delivered before you hit the 'buy' button.

I think the best part about all the Fiskars axes is the light weight. Even if you have to make a couple attempts here and there, after an hour of splitting I am far less tired than with a larger maul.

I think the best part about all the Fiskars axes is the light weight. Even if you have to make a couple attempts here and there, after an hour of splitting I am far less tired than with a larger maul.
Exactly! My hands gave out before anything else did.

I bought the x25 because it was a good ebay buy.....I have split pieces that I never imagined I could with such a lightweight axe. The longer x27 must kick some serious @ss. I am having trouble justifying the purchase of one because I am pretty sure my 25 can do what needs to get done. although it bounced off a huge maple round the other day to the point that it went back into the truck. Not fool proof but close!
I seem to have the most trouble with the huge maple rounds, it'll bounce off a couple times before it splits, oaks no problem at all, no matter what size rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.