Boundary Bay Pellets ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan_J

Dec 23, 2010
Southern NH
Anyone have any experience with Boundary Bay Pellets? The local Agway just started carrying them this weekend since they ran out of Maine Wood's Softwood. Looking on google I can't find much about them other than one link: http://www.aeonnrg.com/partner.aspx?partnerID=11

Info from link:
"Boundary Bay is a 100% Canadian Softwood pellet from the forest of Quebec. We offer a high end Canadian Soft wood pellet with btu’s in the range 8100+ btu’s and Ash at .5+/- at a very attractive price point . In independent dealer testing we have reports of Boundary Bay reaching 640 degrees that will keep your family warm and cozy in the coldest winter conditions.

Attachments

• IMG-20130113-00015.jpg
    IMG-20130113-00015.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 164
Ok, given the crickets I heard when I posted about the Boundary Bay pellets I decided to grab a couple bags and try them out. Thought I'd share my observations. I burned these back to back with MWP Softies. In my stove the Boundary Bay definitely produced less ash then the MWP so that was a pleasant surprise. Heat output was good too. I don't have an IR thermometer to try to take a true output temp, but the heat output was right there, and the boss told me they felt hotter :) Good enough that I'll probably grab some more.

I haven't seen em either. But interested in your findings. Looks like they are worth a keeping an eye out for! ;)

I've only seen them at the Agway in Hooksett NH. I think their current price is either $269 or $275 at ton. There prices are usually a little high since they offer an off season pre-buy / storage and they sell all their pellets at one price point. It looks like Royal Fireside in Mendon, MA has them now too, but they don't list prices online.

I've only seen them at the Agway in Hooksett NH. I think their current price is either $269 or $275 at ton. There prices are usually a little high since they offer an off season pre-buy / storage and they sell all their pellets at one price point. It looks like Royal Fireside in Mendon, MA has them now too, but they don't list prices online.
old thread from January but
Even j if you if you still log on here my question is did you burn more of these pellets? Do you recommend them? or anyone else for that matter. I too saw them yesterday at the Agway in Hooksett but ddnt pick any up. Not many threads on this pellet brand

old thread from January but
Even j if you if you still log on here my question is did you burn more of these pellets? Do you recommend them? or anyone else for that matter. I too saw them yesterday at the Agway in Hooksett but ddnt pick any up. Not many threads on this pellet brand

Hey boo boo - I did burn more of the Boundary Bay. Probably around a 1/2 ton. They are a decent quality pellet in my experience. I wouldn't rate them a top shelf pellet, but they are lower priced than what I've found the top shelf stuff for. In another thread on here somewhere there's info indicating that they are the same as Trebio, so reviews on them should give you more feedback.

Hey boo boo - I did burn more of the Boundary Bay. Probably around a 1/2 ton. They are a decent quality pellet in my experience. I wouldn't rate them a top shelf pellet, but they are lower priced than what I've found the top shelf stuff for. In another thread on here somewhere there's info indicating that they are the same as Trebio, so reviews on them should give you more feedback.
Thanks for the reply.
I will Pick some up tomorrow on my way by there if they sill have them and give them a try. Warm weather coming so I may hold on to them. I should have grabbed them when I saw them. I have been burning FSU all winter with no complaints my stove likes them and they are cheep But would like to try something new. Other pellets I have tried were ok but nothing great
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.