Box store pellet hunt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

343amc

Feeling the Heat
Nov 23, 2005
West Michigan
I read here a couple weeks ago that someone spotted Somersets at Menards in Big Rapids, MI. Since I was driving by there today I decided to stop. No Somersets, just Michigan Wood Pellets. Lowes is right next door so I stopped there too. More skids upon skids of Michigan Wood Pellets.

However, tucked away in the back was the "torn bag" section. I picked up 4 bags of Presto Logs for $1.75 a bag. Only a couple small holes in the bags. I left the two bags behind that were about 2/3 full and appeared to have gotten wet.

I've never seen Presto Logs around here before, and for the price I have nothing to lose. I guess OMV put out the all points bulletin and had all the Somersets shipped to New England. OMV, if you want some Michigan Wood Pellets, I'm sure we can send a couple semi loads your way. Every box store I've been to has tons of them. :)

Attachments

• prestologs.JPG
    prestologs.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 150
Too bad that was all the Presto's they had....they seem to be a pretty decent pellet this year.

I'm north of Big Rapids a couple hours, we had Somersets in early in the season at Lowes for 185 I believe but they didn't last. Home Depot had a truckload of Presto-Logs and they went fast. They all have Michigan Wood Pellets now (oh-boy). Tractor Supply has some Pro-Pellets which burn good. Try the Kirtlands if they have a dealer near you, they seem to be a premium pellet.

Michigan wood pellets have ruined the pellet hunt in western Michigan. I would buy Kirkland but I have not seen them this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.