Boxing in the Electrical Box with Non-Mortise European Hinges! -Inexpensively!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Well, time to enclose the shed electrical box for better looks! LOL

So I got some 1x4 pine stock that I had laying around. Then went to home depot for smooth Birch Finished 1/2" 4'x4' plywood. approx $13.00 the most expensive part! LOL
Got some Non-Mortise European Hinges for $5 and a knob for $1.27! That is all.

Cut 1x4 and nailed to studs to make box. Notched out top and bottom 1x4 to fit around stud.
Cut plywood approx 17x17.5 then cut in two. When mounting the hindges I had to grind down the points of the screws and add 2 washers and a lock washer to keep them from protruding out the front! The top is stationary because I will pull the T-Stat out and mount that on top. See pics below

Any suggestions on finish? Stain or Paint?

FYI
See pics and how the shed electrical box got there in the link below! LOL
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ld-i-use-10-3-uf-b-or-10-2-uf-b-and-is.76717/

Attachments

• TRHShed414Electrica.jpg
    TRHShed414Electrica.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 363
  • TRHShed420ElectBoxBox.jpg
    TRHShed420ElectBoxBox.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 501
  • TRHShed430ElectBoxBox.jpg
    TRHShed430ElectBoxBox.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 404
  • TRHShed440ElectBoxBox.jpg
    TRHShed440ElectBoxBox.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 427
  • TRHShed450ElectBoxBox.jpg
    TRHShed450ElectBoxBox.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 383
Hello

Well, I decided to go with a coat of pre-stain and Early American color Old Masters wiping stain for 1 coat.

Then 3 coats of polyurethane! Then just added the brushed Nickel Knob to open!

See pic below

Attachments

• TRHShed460ElectBoxBox.jpg
    TRHShed460ElectBoxBox.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 284
Status
Not open for further replies.