brain pickin.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabguy01

Sep 1, 2008
Ravenna Michigan
building my own outdoor wood boiler and was wondering your opinions.
first i am wondering your thouts on return water line location, what ive been thinking is i will have my water return from the house go directly through the water jacketed stove door then out of the door and into the bottom of the main water jacket.the feed line will come from the top . i've noticed that most stoves have the water return going to the top and out the bottom. i realy dont understand this concept because heat rises the hotest water is at the top of the tank. witch explains my thinking on my stove.any imput?

also you all keep talking about secondary combustion? what is it ? how dose it work? can you retrofit a stove to achieve it? what parts? so many questions thanks nate

Nate re-post over in the Boiler Room section of this forum. Those guys are the nuts at boiler installation, use and all kinds of that stuff.

Here in the Hearth Room we just toss wood into wood stoves and hope for heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.