Brand new Harman very disappointed!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonh

Aug 17, 2012
Contoocook Valley NH
Installed my Harman P43 stove and fired it up ran great, had it set to stove mode about medium, feed rate just under 4 and It was cranking good. A hour later fire died way down, I could hear the auger motor but nothing was feeding through and my fire died out. Tried jogging the auger a little and it went for a few turns and stopped. I can hear the motor cycling but the auger is not turning and no pellets are feeding. It is going to be cold tonight and no stove. It worked for about an hour and a half, sad. Any thoughts? Tried agitating the pellets in the hopper, no dice.:(

Is the auger turning?

Installed my Harman P43 stove and fired it up ran great, had it set to stove mode about medium, feed rate just under 4 and It was cranking good. A hour later fire died way down, I could hear the auger motor but nothing was feeding through and my fire died out. Tried jogging the auger a little and it went for a few turns and stopped. I can hear the motor cycling but the auger is not turning and no pellets are feeding. It is going to be cold tonight and no stove. It worked for about an hour and a half, sad. Any thoughts? Tried agitating the pellets in the hopper, no dice.:(

Any error codes?

Sounds like a possible plug of pellets or foriegn material or lose auger motor connection. Time to suck out pellets and check. I have found numerous things that can block auger or stick in the flights. Try to rule out the simplist first.
Good luck

Check to see if the lockdown screw is tight on the auger shaft. Mine was not tightened down the entire way after a super cleaning and it did the same thing. Tightened it up and have been good to go.

Check to see if the lockdown screw is tight on the auger shaft. Mine was not tightened down the entire way after a super cleaning and it did the same thing. Tightened it up and have been good to go.
I'm kinda thinking that could be the problem. The auger turns freely by hand. I can hear the motor turning on and off but the auger is not turning. All the normal lights are on but the stove won't ignite either, even though the light is on and pellets are in the burn pot. If the auger don't feed would the igniter not work as well?

Almost sounds like a door/hopper lid are open or you have a bad switch.

Mine pooped out on pellets it did not like a few times when we first ran it. Of course these were some of the first pellets we'd tried so thought it was the stove. My husband cleared out the jam and we limped through that bag then tried anoter type and it was fine.

It was indeed the bolt on the auger shaft. I could turn it with my fingers, no contact at all. That is pitiful quality control as this seems to be a somewhat common problem. I did not want to pull this thing apart at this time of night in my pj's no less, but glad I did as we won't freeze tonight. (I hope) It is going down tonight to freezing temps and it gets cold up here in the hills of NH. I'm running good so far and thanks to all.

Glad to hear you're up and running.

Enjoy the heat

Status
Not open for further replies.