Brand new hybrid-frye insert wood stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newbe

Mar 20, 2014
Massachusetts
Brand new at this...new wood stove, new forum, and don't know where to start. Just want to know what that white stuff is that is hanging around the top part of stove? Looks like cotton, or insulation? Is it supposed to be there? Afraid to burn...was all excited about getting the stove in today...then when I opened the door and put in kindling...I saw what I thought was styrafoam on the top of stove...and went to pull in out, and it was ...what? insulation? Should it be there and should I just stick it back in? Brand new hybrid insert. Thanks for any info.

Sounds like kaowool insulation. Is this on the top of the baffle? If so leave it alone and don't pull it forward so that it is blocking the smoke path over the baffle.

It is meant to be there. There should also have been a piece of cardboard on top of the insulation that needs removed. They might not use the cardboard on the insert though. Either way, it almost impossible to get that cerimac wool back in place without dropping the baffle. It's easy, just remove the 3/8" bolts that hold the secondary tube clips in place. Remove the tubes, lower the baffle, place the wool on the baffle and reinstall everything.

Sounds like kaowool insulation. Is this on the top of the baffle? If so leave it alone and don't pull it forward so that it is blocking the smoke path over the baffle.
Thank you so much...I also called the dealer and they reassured me that it was that...I just stuck the one piece sticking out into place. I am amazed! I had the first burn last night....and within 4 hours, my entire house was warm. Had no idea it would be so efficient! PLUS, coals still hot this morning..threw 2 logs on and within 5 minutes, its cranking again! I am so happy with this! My house is 2 stories...2500 sq feet! Totally worth the cost.

Congratulations on a successful launch. Welcome to the world of wood fire and Hearth.com. If you get a chance, post a picture of your new baby.

Well where's the pic's????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.