Brand New Install and the First Fire!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF1635 Owner

Mar 6, 2011
CT
Well I'm pretty damn happy after a lot of work, money, and wondering. I got the NZ300 installed yesterday to the point that I can now run it. The new NZ3000 has been running since 3:30 this afternoon ( 7.5 hours) and the house is up to 79 degrees! Its 45 degrees outside and in the last 7.5 hours I have burned 8 pieces of wood and just put 3 more in. The blower is on its lowest setting and the draft is as low as it will go without shutting down the blower. I will see what I have in the morning. The wife just came home from work and walked in the door and said all I wanted was the chill taken off not a sauna. At least I would have to hear the 3 ladies in the house complaining they are cold this winter. I will post more as I play with it more.

Attachments

• IMG00195-20111025-2316.jpg
    IMG00195-20111025-2316.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG00191-20111025-1709.jpg
    IMG00191-20111025-1709.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG00194-20111025-1730.jpg
    IMG00194-20111025-1730.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 335
Beautiful hearth and great looking stove.

Believe me, having the ladies in the house too warm beats living with them too cold.

They'll settle down when it's 10 outside and you have the wall finished. That High Country is a beauty. It's going to look great. In the milder weather try building a small, hot fire and let it go out when the room is warm.

Are you using Durock there? What is going to be the final surface?

That's beautiful.

Burning 8 pieces of wood in 7.5 hours and then adding 3 more (with house already at 79) is a bit of overkill at this outdoor temperature. Don't burn all of your wood before it is really needed!

Yesterday (high of 45) morning I did start a fire with 3 splits. Nothing was added during the day nor at night. Right now it is very comfortable in the house. We may start another fire this evening but probably not before.

This time of year it usually is best to not over-do things . . . by not over-doing things I mean not loading the firebox to the gills, not using the best stuff (save that for the dead of winter) and reloading the stove . . . instead fire it up, bring it up to temp . . . and then just let it do its thing and slowly warm up the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.