Brand new regency 1250 wood insert with blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amac227

Jan 3, 2015
Lancaster, Pa
I need advice/ help on maximizing heat from my new wood burning insert. I moved into a 1500 sq ft town house 3 years ago that has a open masonry fireplace. Obviously disappointed with the heat from that I decided after two years of research to go with the regency 1250. It is definitely putting off heat when you are sitting right in front of it. There are cathedral ceilings in the room which I know is a problem. (I was worried about the ceiling and I questioned the guy who came out to measure- he assured me that if the ceiling fan was pushing the heat down, I would be pleased. My ceiling fan is 70 inches and it is not pushing heat down. This was a big purchase for me and I hate to be disappointed. I just want more heat...should I have gone bigger?

which direction is the fan turning?

I found out that pushing hot air down doesn't work for me. Works much better in a summer mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.