Brand new to wood stoves. Need lots help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gregrey71

Jan 21, 2017
Wisconsin chimney
I have a very rusty king 628. I'm currently in the process of cleaning it up. I'd like to completely take it apart. Where is the best place to get replacement parts?

It's unlikely there are any replacement parts for this stove outside of scavenging another one. What does it need?

Well while taking it apart I of course snapped of the long bot/screws that holds its together. That's what I'm in need of. Also do I need fire bricks for the inside?

Might take some improvisation. Snapped off bolts can be drilled and retapped. I don't think the original stove had firebrick. Might be possible to add, I don't know the stove well enough to say.

It can be wire brushed to restore the cast iron before painting.

Maybe use threaded rod to replace.