Brand of Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slickplant35

Jul 19, 2008
Northeast
I was wondering what brand of pellets I should buy. People tell me different brands and now I am totally confused. Any you had good luck with?

I at sure where you are located. All you have listed is, "northeast". Depending on your area You might just want to grab anything you can find. Almost all pellets are the same except on how they are stored. Outdoor storage tends to break down the density of the pellet and that causes a bad burn.

Eric

IMO, from what I've seen on this forum, I'd stick to the Lignetics and the Barefoot, but other people might have more to comment on, based upon price you get these for.

I'm sure if you do a "search" here you'll find plenty of opinions on both, but from what I remember, they are both premium pellets and burned well. If they are the same price, I'd go with the Lignetics.....I have a couple of tons myself, and am sure they will be fine......wish I could get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.