Break In Burns?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robalp

Mar 1, 2010
Hunterdon County NJ
I am just about done with the first 200 degree burn on my new f500. The manual says to let it cool to room temp and then take it up to 300 for the next hour long burn. Can you do this as soon as the stove is back to room temp, or should you wait some period of time, like 6, 12, 24 hours...?

Thanks,

Rob

I did my first break in fire mid morning and let that cool. Then fired it up again around 5:30pm, if I remember correctly. It should take some hours for the stove to cool completely anyways.

Just as soon as it reaches room temp, fire it back up if you want. I did 3 break in fires in 24 hours last year.

Thanks guys. It's getting cold and I would sure like to get some wood heat! So far, so good!

Rob, you can do it either way. Room temperature is probably most used so you can get it over with as quick as possible.

As mentioned either way is acceptable.

Thanks,
I did the 300 degree burn last night, will do the 400 final burn today. Coming from a plate steel stove to a heavy cast stove, it was impressive how long the stove took to cool compared to the old stove. That's a good thing!

Thanks again for your help folks.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.