Break in time - Quadrafire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beakon20

Aug 27, 2008
Maryland
I posted a picture to update the install in the Picture area of the board. This is what I posted there incase you don't get over there to check.

I had been waiting for a good evening to break in the stove so I could have the windows open before it was too cool to do this. Well last night it got to around 50F and that was good enough. It is going to take awhile to figure out the controls for air handling but it worked very well. There was some odor, however I was expecting to have the house fill with smoke and the odor to last for days. I didn’t measure the temperature but it was putting out the heat. All doors and windows open in the house (temp outside around 52F) after 90 minutes inside was above 80F and maintaining. Only thing left this morning was a pile of ash, something I am not used to compared to burning with a fireplace.

Picture is here:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/22149/

I will get a better one at another time, not the best quality but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.