breakwell p24i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timelessauto said:
auger motor squeeling on start up for months and finally quit feeding last nite is there a fuse or breaker???

Welcome to the forum timelessauto.

Can you tell us what lights are showing on the control panel?

Did you unload the hopper and check the auger flight for jams?

Does the motor attempt to turn?

i am going to check that tonite ,i believe the 2 lite was on. when i started it up the blowers came on then it shut off after 2 seconds

From Breckwell's web site: http://breckwell.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=160

The AS or #2 blinking error is always related to your airflow, or a loss of negative pressure. The most common reason for this problem is inadequate maintenance or cleaning. When was the last time you completely cleaned your stove in accordance with the directions in your owner's manual? What about your exhaust pipe? When was it last cleaned from tip to tip? Have you ever cleaned the fan blades on your combustion blower? Both of your blowers should be completely removed and cleaned once every ton of pellets burned.

These are the most common reasons that you will receive the #2 blinking light. If you perform a complete and thorough cleaning of your stove and exhaust pipe your problem will most likely be resolved. You may also want to take a moment and download our maintenance quick reference page for future reference.

If your pellet stove will run for a little while and then shut down with the #2 blinking light you most likely do not have anything mechanically wrong with your unit. Check to make sure that the combustion blower is still running. If it is, there is nothing mechanically wrong with the unit. Instead you either have a poor seal on the door or ash pan gasket, a dirty stove or exhaust vent, or a poorly installed unit. Inspect the gaskets and repair if needed, clean your stove, combustion blower, and exhaust system well and your problem will most likely be resolved. If not, then you should probably look at your installation as a possible source of the problem. Take a moment to look at our installation and venting page for more information regarding this subject.

However, if this does not correct your issue you should consult the trouble shooting section of your owner's manual for more detailed instructions. If you still have difficulties please contact your dealer or us for further assistance.

thanks for your help.took stove apart and cleaned everything.checked auger,then removed auger motor.hooked it up to 110 volts and it did not sound good.called local dealer,pellet king in nashua and he was very helpful.picked up a new moter today and installed it .it seems to be working perfectly,

Glad you are back running, so I take it the number 2 light wasn't flashing or the same light is used to indicate loss of fire or failure to start.

correct.thank you for being there for help with these stoves.as i get better with them it is getting easier.my brother told me to keep clean and he was right.he also hooked me up with this forum. i guess he was tired of me asking him questions.it started when i bought a used p24i with no books or anything.but we ars using it full time and am very impressed.once again thanks, KEN

Glad you finally joined. Although I never minded the phone calls, I am a novice myself and there are folks here who have much more knowledge and experience than I ever will. Now quit complaining about your feet being cold and crank that stove up. You may want to consider membership in the pellet pig club but in order to do so you are going to have to start stock piling more pellets.

Love,
Your Brother

Thanks for helping him out Smokey. I must be gaining more knowledge myself because your advice was similar to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.