breckwel p2000 shuting down on level 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STANG32

Aug 18, 2010
CT
my insert is acting up.\
on level 2 it runs fine
but on 3 it will run until I stop watching it. almost 3/4 bag then shuts down with #2 flashing.
also dark soot & ash inside the burn chamber.\loos like it is running rich.
I gave it a good cleaning & thought I solved the issue but no good.it shut dwn during the night.

There are a few things that I can think of, if the controller on that stove runs the combustion blower full speed all the time then you need to open the damper when you increase the feed rate. The other is heat expansion of the door or its frame causing an gap to form bypassing the gasket. That flashing number 2 led has a multitude of causes.

the blower goes to high speed only on level 4 or 5 unless manually put on, which it isnt.
if there was an air gap it would be running lean(white soot)

if the vent pipe was partially blocked, could that be the problem?
I have not cleaned my vent( 25' to top of chimney) since fall 2013. I usually do it before every season of use but this year I was sick a lot & the whether di not cooperate.

the blower goes to high speed only on level 4 or 5 unless manually put on, which it isnt.
if there was an air gap it would be running lean(white soot)

if the vent pipe was partially blocked, could that be the problem?
I have not cleaned my vent( 25' to top of chimney) since fall 2013. I usually do it before every season of use but this year I was sick a lot & the whether di not cooperate.

If there was an air gap the stove would be running rich as the air flow would not be going through the burn pot and the pellet pile.

Yes a partial vent blockage can cause a #2 as can crap in the heat exchanger and even an incorrectly set damper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.