breckwell airwash?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbabus

Dec 18, 2011
nj
I have a fs24 model Breckwell that was givin to me this fall and i would say the glass gasket has been replace somewhere along its life. It is a older model and I think it may have had some type of airwash on it. the gasket goes all the way around the glass now and for some reason I think the gasket should not be on the lower part of the door because thier is a long piece of metal that holds in the door and only clips on the sides and top. So if there is a Breckwell owner out there should I remove the gasket on the bottom of the glass.

kbabus said:
I have a fs24 model Breckwell that was givin to me this fall and i would say the glass gasket has been replace somewhere along its life. It is a older model and I think it may have had some type of airwash on it. the gasket goes all the way around the glass now and for some reason I think the gasket should not be on the lower part of the door because thier is a long piece of metal that holds in the door and only clips on the sides and top. So if there is a Breckwell owner out there should I remove the gasket on the bottom of the glass.

I have a Breckwell P2000i. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, I'm assuming you're referring to the seal between the window and door. There is some sort of gasket where the airwash is on the bottom and I was having an issue with my window getting dirty quickly. I used a can of compressed air to blast out the ash on both sides of the window and now the window stays much cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.