Breckwell Big E Combustion Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big E

Feb 3, 2012
Parents fan started growling. My mother checked and she bought it April '13. Called dealer and he replaced it free, as it had 1 year warranty. Replaced the fan, 2 days later she calls and says, "I can't believe how much heat is coming out of this thing. This stove has never worked this well."

Kinda bums me out that the first fan may have been junk and they ran it all winter long.They have burnt almost a ton more than me.

I've replaced lots of fans and even ventured at replacing bearings on these, with limited success. Has anyone ever tested "New" fans before install?

Hello

That is very interesting. I recently replaced a Big E control board on a stove that put out very little heat. In this case the room blower fan only worked when turning on High Fan. Also the control panel On/Off button kept blinking on and off. Nornally it blinks during the startup cycle and then is steady green when the stove is in the "Run" cycle.

In this case the combustion fan was good. The new control panel has red in the background, the old board had light yellow.

Is your board red or yellow?

I have a test procedure for these fans
See
Troubleshooting, Testing and upgrading Exhaust Blower - Enviro, Breckwell, Napoleon ...Etc
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/troubleshooting-testing-and-upgrading-exhaust-blower-enviro-breckwell-napoleon-etc.126167/

Last edited:
Don, I have a 2008 model with the original board, no red. My parents (who have the same stove) however had to replace the board and got the new red one, about 3 years ago. Coincidentally, that is the one with the fan issues. I will look at that thread you referenced. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.