breckwell big e convection blower running constantly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inkjunkie

Feb 7, 2010
Eastern Wa
we have had our big e for a couple of months now. have been more than pleased with it, until this morning. we have 2 stoves, the big e that runs on manual and another stove on a "t-stat". we only run the big e at night. turned it off this morning and the convection blower never shut off. i turned the power off to it for a while and turned the power back on, the convection blower started as soon as the power was back on. any ideas?

I am pretty sure its your proof of fire switch, Its stuck closed. Unplug the stove and disconnect one wire from the switch, Then plug the stove back in. If the blower doesn't start that is the issue. Don't try to run the stove with it disconnected. Reconnect and just unplug until you get the switch. There only like $12 dollars or so but may be still under warranty.

Swtch is on the exhast blower housing.

jay

It never hurts to clean the stove or vent, But I doubt it, If it was dirty the switch probably would not close and the stove would go out and flash an error code.

Ash act's like an insulator and keep the snap disc from sensing the heat. Yours is acting like it is staying hot(or seeing the heat) all the time. Switch is stuck closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.