Breckwell Big E exhaust clogged

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Had a Big E shutting down and flashing a #2 on a stove installed at the beginnning of the heating season. The customer had just finished there third ton. I went over and saw the stove had been kept very clean. I checked the exhaust and it was totally plugged with ash. They had never cleaned it. A few run throughs with the brush and reapplied silicone to the adapter and the stove was running like new.

Please remember to clean your exhaust or at least check it before you get to the three ton mark.

Eric

Maybe you should provide a leaf blower with every stove and have them use it at every one ton mark or for really bad ash producing pellets every 20 bags ;-) .

The manuals are so misleading it isn't even funny.

Before I switch pellets in a couple of weeks I'm going to give my poor beat upon stove a good cleaning out. Not that it doesn't get one as it is, however it'd be really nice to have a totally clean system. I'm also tired of getting messy removing fake brick, baffles, and other impediments.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Maybe you should provide a leaf blower with every stove and have them use it at every one ton mark or for really bad ash producing pellets every 20 bags ;-) .
......... I'm also tired of getting messy removing fake brick, baffles, and other impediments.

Smokey,

do you mean you're going to use the leaf blower method, but not remove the panels, brick, etc? Does the leaf blower really get all those areas clean w/o removal?

I think I'd still remove them, even when trying the leaf blower. :smirk:

The leaf blower if it is worth anything should be able to suck the stuffing outta my beast. He!! the little ole combustion motor does a pretty good job considering.

I'll see how it really does and let you know.

Hey Smokey,

How do you hold a leaf blower without opposing thumbs?

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Hey Smokey,

Eric

A paw on each side of the sucker tube, I get the switch with my nose, anymore questions?

SmokeyTheBear said:
kinsman stoves said:
Hey Smokey,

Eric

A paw on each side of the sucker tube, I get the switch with my nose, anymore questions?

I would like to see that or at least a video on youtube.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
kinsman stoves said:
Hey Smokey,

Eric

Eric

Be careful what you wish for, Eric

hossthehermit said:
kinsman stoves said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
kinsman stoves said:
Hey Smokey,

Eric

Eric

Be careful what you wish for, Eric

Eric being careful, that's very good hoss. I guess that means he must be good... wait a minute he's a hell raiser ...

Status
Not open for further replies.