Breckwell Big E fuse problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Q ball

Nov 29, 2010
SE MN
I picked up a used Breckwell Big E this summer n craigslist. The auger motor was bad and had been taken out. I ordered a new motor and put it in and noticed the fuse was blown. Breckwell says it calls for a 5 Amp 250 Volt fuse. The fuse that replaced was a 5 Amp 125 Volt. 5A250V fuses don't fit. They are too large and 5A125V fit but blow within 10 minutes of operation. I rigged the larger fuse to work with some cheater wires-and it works fine now. Am I missing something? I'm pretty new to this pellet stove stuff but something isnt right- Thanks

Attachments

• stove8.jpg
    stove8.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 350
  • stove9.jpg
    stove9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 349
  • stove10.jpg
    stove10.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 395
  • stove11.jpg
    stove11.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 450
Fuses are sized/rated to the max voltage. So 5 amps at 250V is actually larger than a 5 amp 125V fuse. Give us the numbers off the old fuse. I find you the correct fuse and link it here.

I think I still have a board down stairs if you can't find the number off the old fuse.

The old fuse said 5A 125V- thats the small fuse in the first pic- That's what was in the board and blown. But the manual calls for a 5A 250V which is the top fuse in the pic. It is too large for the clips on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.