Breckwell Big E

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jssls

Jul 17, 2008
Central Maine
I am looking at a Big E. I am looking for some input about how those that have them like them, any issues, how noisy are the fans, or other such experiences. I am looking at putting it an a family room so noise would be an issue. I also read about the limited time you should tun it on 5. Has anyone found this to be a problem? Any input appreciated.

if its going to be in the family room # 5 is no issue. they do run a Little louder then most but they seem to run longer then most.

The Big E is a good stove. There was a batch of bad blowers and that issue should have been taken care of. If there is a question get a hold of me.

Eric
330-876-0200

hey , its a good unit, ive looked at em , they seem well constructed and ive seen mostly good reviews, only thing ive seen is the blower issue and as eric stated , there was apparantly a bad batch of blowers (it happens , happened to us in 1996, was a mess but we got it straightened out) if i didnt do what i do for who i do it for , and was shopping in that price range , i'd look hard at getting one myself (hows that for an indorsement , from a competitor). its a good stove for the price range its in.

Mike,

I read your post and it drew a tear in my left eye. Nothing a beer or 12 can not take care of.

Thanks Buddy
Eric

i call em like i see em bro, be forewarned though , if its junk im gonna call it junk as well. but the big e is a decent unit. we get comparison questions a lot and though i do represent my brand , i do have to say it is competitive and there are brands out there i wouldnt say that about

Status
Not open for further replies.