Breckwell Control Board failed AGAIN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronlat

I have a Breckwell P2000FS and Big-E. Purchased last January 2008. Both stoves are powered thru surge protectors and on dedicated power circuits. After 2 months of service last year we had board failures in both stoves. Breckwell replaced both boards and convection blowers. Stoves have been in use for 2 months this heating season and the board on the P2000 has failed again, would not send power to auger. I stole the board out of the Big-E since that stove is used in my shop, however in the last couple of weeks that stoves convection blower has been starting right after starting the stove rather than waiting till the stove has fired. My quess is that this board is not long for the world either. Has any other owners experiencing failures with these boards? Breckwell said when they replaced the boards last winter that they had a bad batch but that the new boards they sent me would resolve the board issues. I am going to ask Breckwell for new boards again and would like extended warranties on these boards rather than the standard one year.

Ron

I would verify the polarity of the outlets for the stoves and make sure they do not have the hot and neutral reversed.......

GVA said:
I would verify the polarity of the outlets for the stoves and make sure they do not have the hot and neutral reversed.......

Already did. This has happened on both stoves. I am questioning wether a low power situation could cause this. I have a friend who has a business who has a lot of problems with electronic circuitry at has business. The repair people have said a low voltage has caused his problems. We both have the same power company in the same small city.

Now you feel my pain with Breckwell.

75% of problems I have fixed or attempted to fix are with control boards. The response I get is the same with what you all are getting. The only difference is I have display stoves with no boards since the boards have been back ordered for over 3 months. My customers get fixed and I have to wait. Other than that they stoves are great.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:

75% of problems I have fixed or attempted to fix are with control boards. The response I get is the same with what you all are getting. The only difference is I have display stoves with no boards since the boards have been back ordered for over 3 months. My customers get fixed and I have to wait. Other than that they stoves are great.

Eric

Thank goodness the warranty is still not expired but after January they will be, then what? I am going to ask for extended warranties on the boards, since this is a manufacture defect. I would think Breckwell has a good case for lawsuit against the manufacturer of the boards. Or maybe we customers need to get together ans bring a class action suit against Breckwell. once warrant expires and considering i am only getting about 2 months of service from these boards I will need to spend about $800.00 per year just to keep these 2 stoves running per year. NOT A HAPPY THOUGHT.

ronlat said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Thank goodness the warranty is still not expired but after January they will be, then what? I am going to ask for extended warranties on the boards, since this is a manufacture defect. I would think Breckwell has a good case for lawsuit against the manufacturer of the boards. Or maybe we customers need to get together ans bring a class action suit against Breckwell. once warrant expires and considering i am only getting about 2 months of service from these boards I will need to spend about $800.00 per year just to keep these 2 stoves running per year. NOT A HAPPY THOUGHT.

I would be calling my Dealer each day.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
ronlat said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Eric

Have no dealer on the P2000FS as he was a crook. Big-E was purched from a retail store, no service. I was dealing with Don Jackson down at Breckwell last spring, just sent him a email. On my own on this one I guess.

ronlat said:
kinsman stoves said:
ronlat said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Eric

Have no dealer on the P2000FS as he was a crook. Big-E was purched from a retail store, no service. I was dealing with Don Jackson down at Breckwell last spring, just sent him a email. On my own on this one I guess.

Don is a good guy but doing the job of 10 people.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.