Breckwell Exhaust Smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmurray

Dec 30, 2005
I own a Breckwell P24FSA. I have owned the stove for 3 years now. This year is the first time that I am noticing exhaust smoke when the stove drops to a low burn. I have the stove thermostatically controlled. In the past, the only time I saw exhaust smoke was during initial startup. The stove is vented straight through the wall. I clean the stove on a weekly basis. I cleaned the vent pipe at the start of the season. Does anyone have any idea why I am seeing this smoke. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Mike

If I understand correctly, the problem is smoke coming from the exhaust outlet on low burn, not smoke leaking out of the stove into the house. Call me a rocket scientist, but it sounds like incomplete combustion. Not enough air, too much fuel, etc etc. I don't know anything about Breckwell stoves, and can only advise you to call either your dealer or Breckwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.