Breckwell Help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grasscutter

Dec 16, 2013
Maine
Hi all-

First time using this type of forum, so hopefully someone out there can help me. I have a Breckwell P2700, probably 6 years old. I am having very random issues with my unit. Sometimes the blower (heat) will just shut down at very random times. It might run 10 minutes and it might run 20 hours, no rhyme or reason to it. Or the unit may just stop sending pellets and shut down after cooling. I have a blinking #3 light which I googled and said one of the sensors and probably my draft was the issue, well, that is not the case. Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I have to start buying parts blind. Thanks all!!! -20 forecast for tonight here in Maine........hope it runs tonight ;lol

hey grasscutter , first off tell us about your cleaning routine . when was the stove including all internal passages including blowers , flue and t cleaned ?

I have a blinking #3 light which I googled and said one of the sensors and probably my draft was the issue, well, that is not the case.

how did you diagnose they weren't the problem ?

hey grasscutter , first off tell us about your cleaning routine . when was the stove including all internal passages including blowers , flue and t cleaned ?

how did you diagnose they weren't the problem ?
Well, I guess I did not actually "diagnose" the draft issue, but no change in 6 years in the burning consistency. I have never had any issue at all other than having to replace the combustion blower this year as it had about 10-12 tons under its belt. As far as cleaning, I usually do the same routine and have since I have had the stove. I have not done a "deep clean" in a bit and will try that I suppose, have my doubts, but we will see. Just seems like some sort of sensor or something, the randomness is what makes me think that.

Well, I guess I did not actually "diagnose" the draft issue, but no change in 6 years in the burning consistency. I have never had any issue at all other than having to replace the combustion blower this year as it had about 10-12 tons under its belt. As far as cleaning, I usually do the same routine and have since I have had the stove. I have not done a "deep clean" in a bit and will try that I suppose, have my doubts, but we will see. Just seems like some sort of sensor or something, the randomness is what makes me think that.
As far as my cleaning routine.....I clean the burn pot, burning area, heating tubes no more than every 2 bags. As far as exhaust pipe/removing and vacuuming inner panels, usually once a month. I have to say and am a little embarrassed, I have never inspected the blowing unit. Not even sure the set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.