Breckwell not blowing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayabusa

Oct 10, 2009
Portland,OR
I tried to start my pellet stove (Breckwell P-20001) for the first time this year and it get's HOT and shuts off after about 10 minutes.
The fan that blows out the hot air does not seem to be working!!! Does anybody have a suggestion on what I could do to solve this problem? I't was cleaned well and in great working condition last fall when I used it last. PLEASE HELP I'M COLD!!!

"Do you have the newer style control panel(digital)?"

No, just buttons and lights!!!
I also have no idea where the fan is located!! The stove was new when I bought my house 7 years ago and I have no owners manual.

If it is a digital controller, I am banking on it being the proof of fire snap disc.

Unplug the stove.

Right side of stove. On the blower housing is a switch with 2 wires on it. Make sure both wires are connected.

If connected, Remove the 2 screws and clean the ash off of it and reinstall.

If it doesn't go its a bad switch. You will need parts. You could connect the wires together(jump the switch) to test and see if stove runs. If it runs thats the problem. But don't run too long. Its a safety feature!

Jay

H2P said:
"Do you have the newer style control panel(digital)?"

No, just buttons and lights!!!

If there are no knobs to turn its a digital controller. Read my previous post. It is the proof of fire snap disc!

jay

Anytime Jay...always glad to help out fellow pellethead "newbies" ;-)

Thanks for the link!!! Okay, I found the switch and the wires ARE on and it is clean but before I go buy a new part I was just wondering why this part would stop the fan from blowing?!? When I push the high fan button it used to blow harder and now I just get a faint buzzing sound. NO HOT AIR!!! Could you guys maybe help me understand this? (please don't flame the newb) :)

That doesn't sound right. Let me get this straight.

You start the stove and it starts. But goes out.(auger stops feeding pellets) You should have a blinking code on the display. #3 light will flash.

If that is it. Then the Proof of fire snap disc is bad. I know the stove control has to see it for it to run correctly Look at the manual. Page 24 section 8. If you temporarily bypass it the stove will run. You fan should run as normal. You can run it like that for a little bit. Make sure the fan operaters correctly.

I hope this helps
jay

So, It's a fan problem? Thats kinda what I thought... Sounds like the "proof of fire snap disc" Is doing it's job by shutting the stove down when it get's too hot.

H2P said:
So, It's a fan problem? Thats kinda what I thought... Sounds like the "proof of fire snap disc" Is doing it's job by shutting the stove down when it get's too hot.

No, There is another safety disc for that. That will require a reset manually. If the over temp disc is reached you have to reset it. If the stove will restart it is not overheating.(LOOK AT PAGE 26 SECTION 2)

The proof of fire may also not allow the fan to run.

I know the breckwells. Pook sometimes!
jay

H2P said:
How do I reset? :0

If the stove starts you don't need to reset!

Check the fan as fratfart says. If the fan runs.

Then its the proof of fire snap disc. Jump it with a wire.

Attachments

• jump.jpg
    jump.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 247
What fixed it?

We don't need donations. We need what the issue was. Bad fan or bad snap disc.

This way other can search and find answers.

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.