breckwell p 2000i control boards blowing fuses

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craig peck

Oct 21, 2008
Lancaster Pa
Greetings

Has anyone been having problems with these stoves and their control boards?

we have been through 2 of them and the last one ran for 2 weeks and this was the end of season, we cleaned the stove unpluged it for the summer and last night pluged it in and it was dead.

found the fuse was blown replaced and it blew again

what in the world is going on??

does anyone have any tips or clues?

also i do have a small breckwell in my shop which runs like a champ no problems at all

thank you

if you are blowing fuses you have a short somewhere or a bound motor. i would check all wires for nicks / abraisions make sure all motor move freely. if you dont find anything pull the board and inspect it for popped transistors and such

good idea but when you plug the stove in the control board is in a off state i think the micro is unstable when its pluged in and that is why it fails.

looking for others with the same problem

could also be the ignitor

Status
Not open for further replies.