Breckwell P2000 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mommamorin

Jan 22, 2006
I have just had a Breckwell P2000 insert installed last week. After the awful "curing" stage, my stove ran fine for a day. Then out of nowhere, I got a strong smoke odor from the stove. Any ideas how to stop this? Also, I opened the door for the first time today and it dipped at least 4 inches to the hearth. I had to lift the door up and then had a heck of a time closing it. Is this the way the door is supposed to be? Help! :-S

The door does that did it literally go down 4"? I don't think it should go that far. I would remove the surround panel and get a flashlight shine it around the exhaust blower and tee connection when you light the stove you should be able to find the leak. Is you air control open far enough? I went to a stove problem the other day and it was simply that the person did not have the air control adjusted properly.

Was the stove installed with Stainless pipe all the way to the top and the top of the chemney sealed off with a chase cap?

Did your local dealer install it? have them come out and check out the Door where the smoke may be coming from.

If you bought the stove online then you are out of luck.

thanks for the input. Yes, i have a pipe up to the top with cap, made by M-Flex. Do you think it is the door causing the smoke? after just one day I have so much creosote buildup on the glass that I cannot see through most of the front glass. The side glass is fine.

my stove is second hand and 17 years old. the door does not drop down at all when I open it. I'd say there is a problem unless I didn't understand your description. And if the door is doing all that then it is entirely possible the smoke is coming thru because of a bad seal on closing the door.

The P2000 has only been around since 1999
The door sucks. it will drop about an inch but not more
Check the hindge and make sure it has not broken. I think there is an adjustment.

Sticky on the inside of you stove can be from a few things.

Air control not pulled out to the correct amount

Stailness liner kinked

Cap pluged up (no screen is best)

Bird in liner or cumbustion blower (our record is 27 birds in one stove)

If you have more that a 15 foot run you sould use 4" pipe (see your manual) 3" around the damper is find but we alway go 4" after the damper.

Ash pan leak

Door leak

Lazy combustion blower

Burn pot not put in correcly

crappy pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.