1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Breckwell P2000i circuit board

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Claudale, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Claudale

Claudale Member

Loc:
    Philly
    Hi, I think I need a new circuit board and I just wanted to see if anyone agrees with me or if there is anything else I need to try

My stove wouldn't start and I believe it was the combustion blower. I used an outside power source to test my convection blower (it worked) and then I was going to check the combustion blower too, when I let the live wire touch the body of my combustion blower. I blew a fuse and I now think I damaged the circuit board too (the combustion blower wires were still hooked up to the stove).

I replaced the combustion blower and the stove started and the combustion blower was working. But the convection blower only turned on if I hit the "high fan" button. In addition when I turned off the stove, it didn't go through the normal routine, it just shut both blowers off completely and let the fire burn in the pot.

BTW, I also replaced the thermostat and thermodisc after. The stove is still acting quirky, I assume I need a new circuit board and the one I have can't be repaired?

thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Yup!
  3. Claudale

Claudale Member

Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks for the bad news - lol
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

The big question is why you would put live power to the comb blower wires while they were still connected to the board? And please don't also tell us that the stove was also still plugged in. _g

Big mistakes there, and now it may cost you big time.
  5. Claudale

Claudale Member

Loc:
    Philly
    it was unplugged. I know I have to pay for thIs mistake

I tested the convection blower by unhooking the wires and not unbolting the blower. I had never unhooked the combustion blower before and I was hoping to do the same.