Breckwell P2000I - Very Long Cool Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaveZ

Nov 2, 2008
Maryland
I have a Breckwell P2000I and it has been working well for 7 years, but now it seems to have a problem shutting off.

We typically only run the stove when we are home. My wife usually turns it off when she goes to work. Both of us where home this week and when I turned the stove off, It the auger stopped and the convection and blower fans continued running, but for over 4hrs!

By this time the stove is clearly cooled down. I looked at the wiring diagrams to see what limit switch maybe causing this, but I don't see which one it could be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I have gone over the the troubleshooting guides and it appears that the blower thermodisk is not returning to it's normally closed state after the temperature goes below its limit. What I don't understand is why the convention fan is still going. Does the control panel have anything to do with the operation?

BigDaveZ said:
Thanks. I have gone over the the troubleshooting guides and it appears that the blower thermodisk is not returning to it's normally closed state after the temperature goes below its limit. What I don't understand is why the convention fan is still going. Does the control panel have anything to do with the operation?

If it's anything like a Whitfield the convection and combustion fans will continue to run because the disk is still seeing heat. I have replaced several low limit disks in Whitfields and the symptom is the same as yours, the fans will run forever because the disk doesn't work correctly.

I don't know if the control board has anything to do with it or not. Hopefully somebody with Breckwell experience will answer this for you.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.