Breckwell P22 Question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushbuck

Oct 6, 2008
NH
One of the new stoves I installed this year was a Breckwell P22. I have a couple of questions is someone knows about this stove please. The stove burns well but certainly eats the pellets on high and has a small hopper. On the controls, We have the heat level button and the trim button to adjust. I was told the heat button and the trim button should be set on the same number. I have to put the heat level button on 1 in order to set the trim button and then I am supposed to set the heat level at the same number I put the trim. Is this all true.
I can adjust the heat level to all 4 positions. The trim button skips over level 2. I can only set it on 1-3 or 4. The stove runs great on 3 and 4, but sometimes it is to hot and it burns pellets to fast. When I set them both on 1 the stove does not stay lit long and goes out after a short time. Should I be able to set them both on 2? Thanks in advance..

Where is your Dealer and have you called him/her?

I can help

The trim level can only be adjusted at the level #1 position.

on Level #1 hit the trim button and it will keep #1 lit and have the choice of #3 or #4 lit. #4 is the high trim setting #3 is the lowest setting. with #1 lit you are at the default setting and is the middle.

Please remember running #4 is just over 4 lbs of pellets per hour. #3 is just over 3 lbs per hour.

The P-22 is Breckwell's smallest stove. Do not expect to get anything close to the Big E with the P-22.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Where is your Dealer and have you called him/her?

I can help

The trim level can only be adjusted at the level #1 position.

on Level #1 hit the trim button and it will keep #1 lit and have the choice of #3 or #4 lit. #4 is the high trim setting #3 is the lowest setting. with #1 lit you are at the default setting and is the middle.

Please remember running #4 is just over 4 lbs of pellets per hour. #3 is just over 3 lbs per hour.

The P-22 is Breckwell's smallest stove. Do not expect to get anything close to the Big E with the P-22.

Eric

Hi Eric, thanks for the reply. I love the stove, and I actually bought it for a smaller area of the house and that is why I am trying to run it on a lower setting. It runs super on the high setting, thats why I am trying to get the most out of the lower setting. I am sure it is something I am doing or dont know. I use a p61 as my main stove and this is for another section of the house.
Can I run the stove with the heat level on 2 and the trim level on another number? I guess that is my main question. The stove does not run on both at the level 1, and I was told both should match. I am looking to set the stove lower than both on three. Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: Don2222
I repeat.

The trim level only works on #1. PERIOD

What you were told is wrong.

Eric
330-876-0200

kinsman stoves said:
I repeat.

The trim level only works on #1. PERIOD

What you were told is wrong.

Eric
330-876-0200

Hi Eric, I am sorry to sound stupid, but that is why I came here to ask questions. The regulars on here have more info than any dealer I have spoke to.
So if I understand you correctly, I should leave the trim at level 1 always and just adjust the heat level to 1-4. My stove does not stay lit with both at level 1, so it would be ok to leave the trim at level 1 and adjust the heat level from 2-4..
Thanks again,

The trim level only works on level#1. Not #2, #3, or #4 When you run your stove at #2, #3, or #4 forget about the trim setting. It is not there, never has been and never will be there.

Eric

sorry about this, wrong button.

kinsman stoves said:
The trim level only works on level#1. Not #2, #3, or #4 When you run your stove at #2, #3, or #4 forget about the trim setting. It is not there, never has been and never will be there.

Eric
Ok thanks, I guess that is why it is confusing. I wonder why they give us the option of adjusting the trim button. I cannot adjust the heat button unless the trim is at 1. But If you hit the trim it jumps from 1-3-4.
I am home now so I will set the trim at 1 and the heat at 2 and see how it runs.
Thanks again for your help. I have 2 more stoves to install before I am done the whole house and this place has certainly helped a lot..

Bushbuck said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric
Ok thanks, I guess that is why it is confusing. I wonder why they give us the option of adjusting the trim button. I cannot adjust the heat button unless the trim is at 1. But If you hit the trim it jumps from 1-3-4.
I am home now so I will set the trim at 1 and the heat at 2 and see how it runs.
Thanks again for your help. I have 2 more stoves to install before I am done the whole house and this place has certainly helped a lot..

Why?

Call me befor I pull out my hair.

Please,
Eric
330-876-0200

Bushbuck said:
One of the new stoves I installed this year was a Breckwell P22. I have a couple of questions is someone knows about this stove please. The stove burns well but certainly eats the pellets on high and has a small hopper. On the controls, We have the heat level button and the trim button to adjust. I was told the heat button and the trim button should be set on the same number. I have to put the heat level button on 1 in order to set the trim button and then I am supposed to set the heat level at the same number I put the trim. Is this all true.
I can adjust the heat level to all 4 positions. The trim button skips over level 2. I can only set it on 1-3 or 4. The stove runs great on 3 and 4, but sometimes it is to hot and it burns pellets to fast. When I set them both on 1 the stove does not stay lit long and goes out after a short time. Should I be able to set them both on 2? Thanks in advance..

All the trim setting does is affect the #1 (lowest) heat setting. It has no effect on the higher settings.

If you set your trim on the lower trim setting, when the stove is set on #1 heat setting, it runs at a level slightly below the standard #1 setting.

If you set your trim on the higher setting, when the stove is set on the #1 heat setting, it runs at a level slightly above the standard #1 setting.

As soon as you select the #2, #3, #4, or #5 setting, the trim has no effect on the stove. It only affects the stove when you have it set on #1.

I have found on my stove (P2700) once you unplug it or lose power, the trim setting resets to default (standard #1 setting ) and needs to be reset.

Thanks for all your help. I called Eric to help save his head of Hair...
I will leave my trim at 1 and just use the heat setting. Breckwell should just eliminate this adjustment button for the trim, as from what I understand it is really not nessessary anyway.
I love the stove it runs great. I still cannot run it with the heat setting on 1 without the stove going out, but the heat setting on level 2 seems to be what I was looking for.

On my P-22 I was having the same problem with the fire going out. I reset the trim to the higher setting, set the heat to #3 and it has been running like a champ ever since. I couldn't be happier with it so far. BTW, I have it hooked to a thermostat.

bushbuck and chuck, your not getting the trim picture at all. the trim setting only affects the stove when it is on the #1 heat setting. the reset trim button does not affect 2,3, or 4 on your stoves. you may think it does but it does not, while we're at it there is no easter bunny, tooth fairy or santa claus.

now when the unit is set on the #1 heat setting push the reset trim button. it should make the #1 light come on and the #4. this means the unit will deliver just a little more pellets into the fire box than on the #1 setting alone. this is done for a reason, some pellets are different than others and the unit/fire might go out on just # 1. if it goes out you might have the air feed damper too far open as well.

if you push the reset trim button again it will light up #1 and #3. this means the unit will feed less pellets than #1. this is when you want the unit to maybe not throw as much heat as #1. again the unit/fire might go out at this very low setting. if you push it again it will go back to number one. basically you have three settings for number one or three low settings.

when you are on the other settings like #2,3 or 4. when you push the trim setting it does nothing-like it is supposed to. read the owners manual or go online to breckwell.com. the owners manuals are online there.

i hope you get the trim thing. also remember the more fuel you feed to the fire the more air you will need so adjust the damper

good luck
mark

Thanks for the assist Mark. I will let you buy me an adult beverage.

Eric

Mark, i understand the trim but maybe didn't explain it well. Stove is on HI/LOW and on a thermostat. When running on low (#1) the fire went out occasionaly, I reset the trim to the higher setting and it no longer goes out on low (#1). When the thermostat calls for more heat it runs on HI (#3). Running great.

painesvillepellet said:
bushbuck and chuck, your not getting the trim picture at all. the trim setting only affects the stove when it is on the #1 heat setting. the reset trim button does not affect 2,3, or 4 on your stoves. you may think it does but it does not, while we're at it there is no easter bunny, tooth fairy or santa claus.
mark
thanks to everyone for your input and help. I think I got it figured out and the stove is running fine. But There is one thing I have to dissagree with you on Mark. My name is Bobbie Boushea, and my Mama told me that the easter Bunny makes all the chocolate in the world. The Tooth Fairy makes all the stars in the sky twinkle at night. And Santa Claus is running for President on the Democrat ticket..

Santa Claus? I thought it was another guy but me being "Joe the Stove Guy", Santa might be better for my taxes.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Santa Claus? I thought it was another guy but me being "Joe the Stove Guy", Santa might be better for my taxes.

Eric

I personally would have used Robin Hood, but santa is all he gave me to work with. What do I know, I am just a waterboy...

kinsman stoves said:
Maybe and maybe not. Ever notice how the taxes for the "rich" guys seem to include way more "rich" people (vs. super-rich) all the time? The AMT was only supposed to hit 175 families - now it applies to more than 1/2 the ones who pay taxes. Year one may be good for you, but don't count on it going forward - especially if you're successful in your business. (When did 75K/yr for a family of 4 become "rich"?)

Of course, there's that pesky little generally unnoticed fact that 40% of the country pays no income taxes whatsoever so they like anything that increases spending (on them) as it doesn't cost them anything. That the top 10% pay more than the other 90% put together may become a problem in the country pretty soon. (In CT 100,000 people pay more state income taxes than the other 3.2 million put together - or did, until the meltdown on Wall Street...now we're projecting billion $ deficits in each of 2010 & 2011...comes from having too much reliance on too small a group to pay the bills.) "Rich" people may be the new oil - in short supply when the economy and budgets depend on them, suddenly they don't have nearly the money they used to. Now the multi-millionaires may be insulated from woe, but out of 300 million people, they're really not that big a population - they just get all the news so the rest of us can feel better about sticking it to the rich...until we find out that by someone's definition we're rich too.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo

I would like to hear if the "quarter million a year income" is gross or net?

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
I would like to hear if the "quarter million a year income" is gross or net?
That's one of those "details" to be worked out. :)

I'm sure it will be worked out in the fairest and best possible way for all concerned. (But I also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.)

Right

Eric

ah so now I get it,,,

Joe the easter Bunny is a one man operation. He works hard everyday of the year. He is a hands on guy. he works to keep his expenses low and really doesnt have a big fuel bill, just occasional wing maintenance. I am sure he has money to spare.

Joe the easter bunny, also works hard. He is a one man operation. Makes his eggs all year long himself so he can travel the world and distribute them. He also keeps his travel expenses down. I am sure we could tax him more also.

Santa on the other hand has a huge staff, You know the type, lots of the little people below him. He gives out gifts for free that others have worked all year long to build. He only works 1 day a year but takes all the credit for the work. he flies around in his own private vehicle and I am sure he believes his company is not a cause of global warming, only the little people around the world.

Hmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.