breckwell p2200 burn pot fills up in 2 days

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STANG32

Aug 18, 2010
CT
all of a sudden my pellet stove has been acting up, the burn pot fills with ash & unburnt pellets. the entire fire box gets all full of black soot (burning rich).

Odds are the exhaust path is getting plugged with ash, or air damper is closed too much, or exhaust blower is turning slow (bearings going bad maybe), or exhaust fan blades are choked with ash or damaged. Fire pot holes plugging up.

Just a few of the more obvious things to check.

Leaf blower sucking exhaust to clean out stove is quite popular cleaning method and discussed throughout this forum.

When was the last deep clean including venting? How old is the stove? Exhaust fan working as it should? Tried a temporary by-pass on your POF snap disc?

i removed the plates on the back of the fire box & went in with a rubber hose taped to my vaccum hose, i got a lot of crap out & so far so good, its been 3 days & its still running so i think that problem is licked
thanks for the input guys

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.