Breckwell P22FSL Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unch

Dec 11, 2008
The Berkshires
This morning our house had two brown outs. I am not sure if it was a result of the pellet stove or not. After the BO I went downstairs to check the stove and noticed that there was something wrong. The fire was out and the fan was low. The setting was on three, not flashing. When I held the manual feed button it stayed on when I released it, feeding pellets continuously. I did shut the power down to see if resetting it would work but the same thing happened when I powered up again.
I am thinking it is the "snap disk"? If that is the case, does it need to be replaced? Is that a difficult task?

Another question I have about the P22 is that there seems to be a bow in the stove opening where the door comes into contact. Like it is almost warped. I wrote to Breckwell a while ago but got no response. I have double the gasket thickness to seal it better that seems to be working. Is it supposed to be this way?

Thanks

cunch said:
This morning our house had two brown outs. I am not sure if it was a result of the pellet stove or not. After the BO I went downstairs to check the stove and noticed that there was something wrong. The fire was out and the fan was low. The setting was on three, not flashing. When I held the manual feed button it stayed on when I released it, feeding pellets continuously. I did shut the power down to see if resetting it would work but the same thing happened when I powered up again.
I am thinking it is the "snap disk"? If that is the case, does it need to be replaced? Is that a difficult task?

Another question I have about the P22 is that there seems to be a bow in the stove opening where the door comes into contact. Like it is almost warped. I wrote to Breckwell a while ago but got no response. I have double the gasket thickness to seal it better that seems to be working. Is it supposed to be this way?

Thanks

Call your dealer first.

The bow is somewhat common on the P-22 but you need your dealer involved.

As for the electrical issue unplug the stove for a few min. and plug it back it. Try a restart. Snap disks are very hard to break. If anything you fried your board. Did you have it on a surge protector?

Eric

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.