Breckwell P23 #3 light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrenalineman

May 7, 2009
central pa
I am ready to take my p23 to the junk yard. I am very frustrated. I have had this stove since 2008. I am on my 4th circuit board, which I just bought 2 weeks ago. After about a week the same thing happened as on the old board, it stops feeding pellets. It could run 2 days or it could run 30 minutes but what happens is the pellets stop feeding and if you catch it in time you can turn it off and then turn it back on quick and it will keep running but it is usually too late. I have jumped the high temp thermodisc and the pressure switch at the same time and it still stops feeding pellets. I have ordered a new auger motor which should be here by the end of the week but I can't keep throwing money at this stove anymore. I have replaced the high temp thermodisc, convection blower and the board. The only things left that are original are the proof of fire theermodisc and the combustion blower. I never know how long it is going to work. Last night it ran all night. Now tonight it turned off once. Usually it happens at least once a day. Yes it is clean and It only went through about 20 bags of pellets so far this year. Any help would be appreciated.

How do you have it set up? Is it on a thermostat set for hi/lo? That's how I have my p1000 set up, and it will go out on lo when the air valve is open too far. The highest I can set it is on burn level 3. Level 4 requires too much air to support a stable burn when it drops to level 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.