Breckwell P23 /Analog control stops feeding pellets after startup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwert

Feeling the Heat
Dec 6, 2008
Northern CT.
I am a little confused, no surprise there. Bought a used P23 with the analog board and it stops feeding pellets after about 1 minute after startup. Bypassed the pressure switch and no joy. Jumped the auger low limit switch and the auger runs normally again. Okay great but I removed the snap disc and tested with a lighter and it functions fine. What gives? Stove was completely torn apart and cleaned, firebox, motors and all. It is not hooked up to a chimney yet either.

Please give me your thoughts and as always Thank You. I love this forum but a little knowledge can be dangerous.

wwert said:
I am a little confused, no surprise there. Bought a used P23 with the analog board and it stops feeding pellets after about 1 minute after startup. Bypassed the pressure switch and no joy. Jumped the auger low limit switch and the auger runs normally again. Okay great but I removed the snap disc and tested with a lighter and it functions fine. What gives? Stove was completely torn apart and cleaned, firebox, motors and all. It is not hooked up to a chimney yet either.

Please give me your thoughts and as always Thank You. I love this forum but a little knowledge can be dangerous.

Connections may be bad, there may be crap where the snap disc was, or the pressure on ether side of the switch when mounted causes a deformation that prevents the contacts from actually closing when it is in the mount.

Seems like one minute may not be long enough to heat up the switch. Different design, I know, but it takes about 5 minutes to make the POF switch on my Croix.

Turns out I am a moron, surprise. I kept opening the door to check igniter and lo and behold it stops the auger. Learn something new every day. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.