Breckwell P23 Control Panel reset?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevie73

Nov 27, 2009
Fleetwood, NY
www.myspace.com
I own a breckwell P23 Insert. It was working fine last night. It was shut off this morning because it ran out of pellets. When I started it up again, the control panel is unresponsive. The stove turns on at setting 2. But you cant adjust anything else. You also have to unplugged it to turn it off. The manual doesnt have anything about this in their troubleshooting section. Has anyone had a similar problem and can you reset it manually or do you need to replace the control panel? Thanks

Called Breckwell...they said to thoroughly clean the stove. He said the air flow is somewhat constricted. So I'm going to clean the blower, blades all of it. They say they get calls from new stove owners around this time after you've burned a ton of pellets. He said that thing that makes the stove running is air flow. So I'm going to clean away. I will let everyone know how it went and if it worked.

Considering that the warm weather is coming in the next few days, and I havent used my oil much. Would be ok to do the complete cleaning now to test that it does turn on or wait until the cold weather starts up again and clean a little before that. Does the stove get dirty over those months of not being used is what I want to know? Thanks

Ok its working...by Cleaning out the pipe. But I still want to clean everything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.