Breckwell P23 Convection Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

epehubb

Jan 9, 2010
SWCT
OK, I have read the other Breckwell convection posts here but my problem is a little different. When I start the stove, the convection fan willnot start blowing on its own. I always watch the stove pretty closely when starting. The stove gets pretty hot but I have shut it down each time before it stops on overheat. If I increase the feed rate OR hit the high fan button the convection fan will start running. Then I can lower the feed rate or high fan setting and everything is fine. I cleaned the stove one ton ago, but not the conv fan. I'd like to fix the problem before I clean it and shut down for the summer.

Thoughts?

You should remove, clean and if the motor has oil ports oil on that convection blower, the blowers don't always start on low speed if they are trying to turn a gummed up blower wheel or the motor is out of lubricant.

The oil to use should be on the motor plate.

Inferno- thanks for the reply... I was afraid that was going to be the answer. The installation of the stove is such that I have to disconnect the vent and move the stove to get to the left side (conv fan side) so I try not to do that except for the annual cleaning.

If you have pets you will need to clean the blowers a little more often. Cats are the worst for getting hair into the blowers. I think they pack it full during the night.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
If you have pets you will need to clean the blowers a little more often. Cats are the worst for getting hair into the blowers. I think they pack it full during the night.

Eric

My cat says he is going to send you a load of cat hair for that remark. Do you have a sturdy loading dock?

Eric, are you making an assumtion based on my avatar????? Funny I did not consider dog hair getting in there but I guess I'll find out shortly!!!!!!

Yes, motor needs to be lubricated and cleaned out.

Yeah, those breckwells are tough to move if the installer didn't get you enough flex. I know your pain.

I worked in a breckwell that had 40 feet of class A wood stove pipe sitting on top of the stove (unsupported).

Something like 400lbs of pipe holding the stove down.

kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Cats can also clog augers. I heard

Please don't say that.... I just had to deal with this!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Cat.jpg
    Cat.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 300
epehubb said:
Please don't say that.... I just had to deal with this!!!!!!!
that is funny ..............................lol

Status
Not open for further replies.