breckwell p23 fuse blowing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktfinch2000

Sep 13, 2008
Coventry, Rhode Island
I had my stove running for 14 hours with no problems. I shut it down this morning and let it cool. I cleaned it out this afternoon and fired it up. I noticed when I fired it up this time the room blower started running before the stove heated up and it's not suppose to until the stove is at operating temp. Everything else was working normal auger, igniter,exhaust fan. After about 4 minutes of lighting the stove shut down. I tried to turn it on again and totally dead. I pulled the covers off and noticed the fuse was blown on the control board. I replaced the fuse and checked all the wires and they all looked fine. I plugged her back in and pop goes the fuse again. 4 fuses later I spoke with Eric from Kingsman stoves who was very helpful but still had no luck. I contacted Breckwell and they said it is possibly the control board. I just don't understand how a stove with 14 hours of use can already be broken and they don't even know if that's the problem. Thanks again to Eric from Kingsman! He offered help with out even selling the stove to me. Thats a great dealer I should have bought it from him. I am just putting this out there to see if anyone else has any other ideas. Thanks in Advance

never mind people from radio shack are idiots! He gave me a .5 or half amp fuse instead of a 5amp fuse. I swapped it out and no more problems Thanks again Eric your a stand up guy!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.