1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Breckwell P23 Install comlete.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Jason Knapp, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Jason Knapp

Jason Knapp Member

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    I just finished installing my brother's P23. I must say It was a bit of a let down. The assembly of the stove seemed very chinsy. Thin sheetmetal, loose fitting parts etc. made me wonder why this thing costs as much as it does. To make matters worse, he bought a Selkirk 4" install kit. IMO, I'd rather use Duravent. Selkirks stuff seems very poorly assembled. I know that when i buy my 2nd stove, it surely won't be a Breckwell. I think I'll stay MILES away from Selkirk pipe too.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

Breckwell quality has gone downhill in the past 3-4 years....cheap materials so they can save $, but quality suffered.
  3. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Their standard pellet venting isn't anything to rave about. Their direct temp line of venting is very nice, high quality stuff. IMO
  4. DemonGT

DemonGT Member

Loc:
    Sparta,WI
    Pics?
    smoke show likes this.
  5. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

This July 1996 Breckwell P2000 Luxury Series stove I rebuilt is a nice stove. I changed out the brass plated aluminum cowel rods for some nice 304 cold rolled stainless for a more modern look. The patented enclosed burnpot does throw some serious heat!

How old is your P23?

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
  6. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    You are the man, nice job Don2222222222222:cool:
    smoke show and jjs777_fzr like this.