breckwell p23

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo deaner

Jan 4, 2016
manitoba
Hi all new here been reading a lot on here over past few months I'm new to pellet game anyway looking for a little feed back I bought a p23 new had many issues from day one door not sealing along with other issues biggest concern was the top warped and was not over firing after a hassle breckwell sent a replacement stove on first start up I watched as the top warped on the brand new unit before it was even fully on curious as to if any of you out there with this model have noticed stove top warped I know people with the 22 and no issues

Welcome to the forum turbo... sorry to hear your news though. Don't recall hearing about similar problems but a search could show up others. Where are Breckwells made anymore? Bad steel?

Edit: what level were you burning at? Hopper lid or actual stove top? Any one close that has the p22 so you can check thickness of tops?

Edit: Did some searching and warping does seem to happen... while the ashpan gasket was at fault here, warping was noted.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/big-e-flashes-2-light.94823/#post-1250609

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.