Breckwell P23I Combustion Blower - Bearings worn out after 3 years?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Mets Fan

Mar 21, 2011
Watertown CT
I replaced the blower about 3 years ago, and for about a week heard a squealing, that increased or decreased with either the High Fan engaged or not.
I spent some time yesterday cleaning out the fan, and when it originally started up, the same sounds occurred again.
Is there a chance that the bearings wore out in this short a period of time? The stove is only run at night, is shut down each morning, with the ash cleaned daily. After each ton or so, the flaps are lifted, and those areas are also vacuumed out, so it is pretty well maintained and not overused.

Thanks

Probably are, or close. Still a dusty unfriendly atmosphere they live in.

And a hot environment! Three years is not unreasonable. That's why many have learned how to just replace the bearings if they are ball bearings. If they are ball bearings, they are probably sealed so all the cleaning in the world isn't going to make them last any longer.

One thing that many owners don't take into account is these stoves are complex mechanical devices that require not only regular maintenance but replacement of worn parts too. Moving assemblies wear out.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
Make sure the squealing Isn't from your Convection/Room blower, co-worker had similar noise on his P23I few year's ago

Status
Not open for further replies.